Sunday, May 27, 2007

Views on Vista

I got a new disk from Alienware with Vista on it. I thought what the heck since I am going to be asked to support it here and at work I should at least use it.

Installation - Funny since Alienware sent me this disk you would think that they would slipstream the drivers into it. Apparently not.

First use - Got used to answering yes and ok to security warnings. Not used to not being able to use my keyboard when coming out of hibernation. Reboot fixes but causes problems. Apparently most anti-virus providers have not solved their problems with MS and do not fully support it.

No real performance issues. Laptop scores a 4.2 out of 5.9 so I was not suprised.

All in all decent OS but needs more work and needs to be more intuitive, I feel like I am going back to NT4 with everything hidden from the user.

No comments: