Thursday, July 20, 2006

Must update more

Okay since my last post I have had surgery on my shoulder and find that typing is not something I could do very well until now. So I think that I will start including a "What has this experience taught me" segment to each post that talks about an experience.

Shoulder surgery - What has this taught me

1. Anesthesia mixed with Fentanyl(they gave it to me), and a nerve block on my right arm are all good

2. All doctors are not the same but until a relationship is established they do not trust you to tell them the truth. Must be part of medical training

3. Learn to do things with the other arm. I cannot tell you how frustrating trips to the bathroom and eating are.

4. If you do not have a support system to help you for about 2 weeks you are screwed. My wife was there above and beyond the call (not with the bathroom thing) so many times.

5. Stay out of work for 2 weeks even if you are a computer nerd like me. Slowly during the second week start using your computer 1 to 3 hours a day.

6. Learn how to ask for help and be gracious when it is offered.

7. For about 5 to 6 weeks do not try to play battlefield 2. Trust me or your new friend will be ice and painkillers.

8. Learn how to sleep upright or in different positions. I sleep about 3 hours average a night because I did not do this.

9. Curb eating. I am not gaining weight but I am losing any tone that I had in my body. I am in shape for those that know me. ROUND IS A SHAPE! :)

10. For the special people that have helped you find a way to thank them that shows your love for them.

No comments: